The history of the Capital Library of China dates back to 1913, and it was the combination and evolution of three libraries: the Branch Library of Beijing advocated by Lu Xun, the General Library of Beijing and the Reading Room of the Central Park. As one of the cultural architecture icons of Beijing, the first phase of the new building (Building A) of the Capital Library of China was officially open to the public on May 1, 2001, which greatly enhanced the service efficiency. In 2004, the Beijing Children Library was integrated into the Capital Library of China, and the combination made the service function of the Capital Library of China more comprehensive. The second phase of the new building (Building B) of the Capital Library of China was officially open to the public on September 28, 2012. With the service concept of “Opening to and Serving all people”, the Capital Library of China has become the best public library in China with the highest openness and integrity.